I'm having a problem with mysql_connect(). Here is the code I am using:

function db_connect() {
   global $dbhost, $dbusername, $dbuserpassword, $default_dbname;
   global $MYSQL_ERRNO, $MYSQL_ERROR;

   $link_id = mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbusername, $dbuserpassword);
   if(!$link_id) {
      $MYSQL_ERRNO = 0;
      $MYSQL_ERROR = "Connection failed to the host $dbhost.";
      return 0;
   }
   else if(!mysql_select_db($dbname)) {
      $MYSQL_ERRNO = mysql_errno();
      $MYSQL_ERROR = mysql_error();
      return 0;
   }
   else return $link_id;
}

The problem is, that it completely hangs up and times out. I use this
code on many diff websites and servers, but on this particular server
and site, this happens. I have never done anything else on this server,
so I was thinking it might be the settings, but I'm not even sure where
to start. Usually I just get back error message such as invalid password
or user etc....but this completely hangs and times out, just on the
mysql_connect() alone. If I take that out, the page loads up fine, but
of course I can't do any MySQL work. Any help would be appreciated and I
thank you in advance :)

-Chris

Christopher Moreno
Web Developer