I have MySQL 2.0.39 on Win NT and I use md5() to create a digest of the
password.  Perhaps not the highest level of password encryption, but works
for the level of security I need.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ki Mien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, July 06, 2002 4:16 AM
Subject: encrypting password fields

Hi mySql gurus,

I have a table that contains my customers username and password. I would
like to know how I can encrypt these values so that they are not stored how
in the way that my customers have keyed them from the front end.

I have read the documentation on password(), and encrypt but it won't work
as I am using windows os and mysql version 3.23.49-max-nt-log.

I appreciate any help on this.

cheers,
Ki Mien