Hi,

I've being trying for the last couple of months to convert a MS Access to
Mysql.  I pull out data extract from around 100 + queries.  These took about
5 months of solid work to develop and are extremely complex.  I can convert
these to mysql, but have one big problem.  There is no last function in
mysql.  I know you can do a descending sort by ID and grab the first row to
get the same thing.  This will not work as I need to do it over several
thousand different groups.  So I need the last row per group.

I have been trying to write a aggregate last UDF function in mysql, and
would consider this to be very simple, however, I can't get it to work.  I
don't really know how to program in C and my understanding of it is quite
vague.  I really need some help to do this from someone in the community.  I
have posted several times in the past and haven't heard anything from
anyone.  I am getting quite frustrated and are about ready to flag this
exercise as a great waste of time.

I have successful so far got the UDF to compile, and installed.  I had to
recompile mysql for HPUx to get it to support UDFs in the first place.  It
has taken me 50+ hours to export several hundred meg of data from access to
mysql.  I have even written quite a bit of code/scripts to get it to the
point where I can start fixing things.

So, please, can anyone help me with this.  I don't expect someone to do this
all for me, but just a LITTLE help would be nice.  I will quite happily post
this back into the community if I can get it to work.

I have removed myself off the mailing digest as the volume is too high.  If
you could please email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yours Gratefully

Miles