In the last episode (Jul 08), Philip Molter said:
> On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 09:38:56AM -0500, Paul DuBois wrote:
> : At 8:45 -0500 7/8/02, Philip Molter wrote:
> : >I have a MySQL server that has hit it's keyfile size limit (apparently
> : >64M).  I can't believe that a value this low would be the absolute
> : >limit, but I can't find any documentation about increasing this
> : >size.  How do I do it?
> :
> : What do you mean by "keyfile"?  The index file for a MySQL table?
> : Or do you mean one of the server's memory caches?
>
> I mean the keyfile.  If I do a CHECK TABLE on that able< i get this
> back:
>
> mysql> check table log;
>
>+------------------+-------+----------+--------------------------------------------------------+
> | Table            | Op    | Msg_type | Msg_text
>
>+------------------+-------+----------+--------------------------------------------------------+
> | peace_keeper.log | check | warning  | 5 clients is using or hasn't closed the
>table properly |
> | peace_keeper.log | check | warning  | Keyfile is almost full, 67107839 of 67107839
>used      |
> | peace_keeper.log | check | error    | Found 1940729 keys of 1940740
> | peace_keeper.log | check | error    | Corrupt
>
>+------------------+-------+----------+--------------------------------------------------------+
> 4 rows in set (1 min 14.16 sec)
>
> I need to know how to make that keyfile bigger than 64M in size.
> I have keyfiles on other (newer) systems that have keyfiles above
> 200M, and the file size limit on the system is at least 2GB.  I
> can't find any documentation on how to change that value, just on
> how to fetch that value.

You've probably got a fixed-length table there.  You sometimes have to
give mysql a hint as to the max size of the table is or it doesn't size
internal table structures right.  Run "ALTER TABLE tablename
MAX_ROWS=####", where #### is the max # of records you plan to put in
the table.

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]