Hi all again,

I've been experimenting and would like to know if there is a known bug in
the std function when used with a group by clause?
I'd like to know if others have found this problem or is it just me:

I have a query without a groupby clause and the avg and std functions work
fine.
I add a group by clause on a field brought in from another table and the avg
still works as expected but the std function returns all 0's.

eg: this works:
select count(Test1000.OID) as N,
avg(Accuracy) as AccAvg, std(Accuracy) as AccStd
from Test1000,ROrders
WHERE ROrders.OID=Test1000.OID
---------------
N AccAvg AccStd
545 91.3133 13.0047

this does NOT:
select count(Test1000.OID) as N,Language,
avg(Accuracy) as AccAvg,std(Accuracy) as AccStd
from Test1000,ROrders
WHERE ROrders.OID=Test1000.OID
Group by Language
N     Language AccAvg AccStd
521     1       91.4302     0.0000
24     2         87.3846     0.0000

Any thoughts or referals would be greatly appreciated!

Judy Simon
Webmaster & DB Systems Engineer
NeuroTrax Israel LTD, Shilat,  Israel Tel: +972-8-976-3067   Fax:
+972-8-976-3068