amolsonaikar,
Friday, July 12, 2002, 9:46:45 AM, you wrote:

a> I am an oracle dba and will be shifting to mysql. I have the documentation(html)
downloaded with me and mysql on my PC (on linux) however I need to find out where
exactly I ll get the info related
a> to mysql database administration? Is it as difficult as oracle? The html downloaded
is quite huge. I want to concentrate on specific info.like backups, distributed db,
and other that are there
a> with oracle. Can you help me out

I don't know how difficult database administration in Oracle :)
As to MySQL check section 4 Database Administration in the MySQL
manual. You can find such subsections there:
        4.1 Configuring MySQL
        4.2 General Security Issues and the MySQL Access Privilege System
        4.3 MySQL User Account Management
        4.4 Disaster Prevention and Recovery
        4.5 Database Administration Language Reference
        4.6 MySQL Localisation and International Usage
        4.7 MySQL Server-Side Scripts and Utilities
        4.8 MySQL Client-Side Scripts and Utilities
        4.9 The MySQL Log Files
        4.10 Replication in MySQL

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Egor Egorov
       <___/   www.mysql.com