Hi-

Please forgive cross-post.

I have been using PHPTriad-installed Apache, PHP, and MySQL with no problems
on Win98 machine.
I want to upgrade MySQL from 3.23.something to 4.0.2 to use boolean fulltext
search capabilities.
I created a backup of my database and put it outside the C:\apache\mysql
tree.
I downloaded 4.0.2 the other day to my desktop.
Extracted it to a desktop folder.
Double clicked on setup.exe. (I had not started the old version of mysql).
Nothing.
1. I had read that I did not have to uninstall the old version of mysql.
Should I?
2. If I should uninstall, how do I do that if I had installed MySQL using
PHPTriad, and PHPTriad is the only uninstall in the add/remove programs
list?
3. (I fear that if I uninstall PHPTriad, it will uninstall PHP, and apache,
which I don't want to do.) Is my fear correct?
4. I downloaded the cygwin downloads, thinking that may be the problem, but
when I go to extract, I get an "error reading header" error. Is that the
problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael