Hi people,
I'm new to the list.
I'm writing because I've been having trouble with table corruption. I'm
using isam tables and i've been using myisamchk under linux to check them.
alot of the time it just reports that some of the tables were'nt closed
properly so i repair them but after doing that i find that the tables are
ruined.

I read that the linux 2.2.14 kernel can be a problem with mysql but i'm
running the 2.4.8 kernel.

Also, I did backup the databases using mysqldump...but after tryign to
restore by:
mysql --user=whoever --password=whatever --host=whereever <
database_restore.txt
i get errors...I think that when the backup was created bad data was written
to the file.

Is there supposed to be a minimum file size before your are supposed to run
myisamchk, or is there something i should be running before i run myisamchk?

can anyone shed some light?

Thanx heaps.