In the last episode (Jul 14), R Blake said:
> --On Sunday, July 14, 2002 2:04 PM -0500 Dan Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >In the last episode (Jul 13), R Blake said:
> >>BUG #1:
> >><sys/poll.h> does not seem to exist in BSD variants (cref:
> >>http://www.netsys.com/bsdi-users/2001-11/msg00093.html), but
> >>nonetheless,  "./configure" sets HAVE_POLL as defined, causing make to
> >>fail with  sys/poll.h "not found".
> >>

> > The correct thing to do is probably to fix include/my_net.h.  poll
> > requires <poll.h>, not <sys/poll.h>.  In addition, there should be
> > an autoconf check for <poll.h>, instead of assuming that because
> > you have a poll function there is also a poll.h.
>
> that may be the case, assuming poll.h exists ANYWHERE on the system ....
> that unfortunately is the problem here
> (http://www.netsys.com/bsdi-users/2001-11/msg00093.html) ....

It does exist on FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD.  So "man poll" doesn't
come up with anything on your system?  I wonder where it's picking up
the poll function from, then.  HAVE_POLL means it was able to link a
dummy program consisting of "main(){ poll(); }" .

> i think your autoconf check suggestion makes sense, but where should
> the change be made .... in the autoconf or mysql distribution?

mysql, since it's the one using poll.  If there were an AC_FUNC_POLL
macro that did all the work for you, then it would go into autoconf,
but there isn't.

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]