Hi,

I’m using the MySQL C API for my clients and MyISAM tables for the
database (clients and server on W2k). I would now like to be sure that
the client never hangs when inserting tuples into a table (using
mysql_real_query()). This could happen if some other client holds (and
doesn’t release) a read lock on the table. If I use INSERT, the client
hangs if there are free blocks in the table (precluding the concurrency
of INSERTS and SELECTS), and if I use INSERT DELAYED, the client hangs
when the delayed insert queue becomes full.

Is there a way to introduce a timeout for the call to
mysql_real_query()? Alternatively, is there a way to check how full the
delayed insert queue is for an individual table (rather than the
server-wide “not_flushed_delayed_rows” variable so that I could detect
when a subsequent insert might hang?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Juerg

Wadsworth Center, Albany, NY