From: "Robo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Well, by now i have found a way to work around the problem,
> still the problem is not solved, you may want continue thinking about it:
>
>     start with this:
> iSession      iUser sSession
> ---------- ---------- -----------------
>          1         41 no
>          2         41 wanted
>          3         42 no
>          4         42 wanted
>          5         43 no
>          6         43 wanted
>
>     and end up with that:
> iSession      iUser sSession
> ---------- ---------- -----------------
>          2         41 wanted
>          4         42 wanted
>          6         43 wanted
>
> Do it without a subselect and do it with one sql statement

I'm new to this thread, so bear with me if this has already been suggested,
but I just did the following and it worked fine:

mysql> CREATE TABLE `O_Sessions` (
  `iSession` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `iUser` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`iSession`)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

mysql> INSERT INTO O_Sessions (iSession,iUser) VALUES
(1,41),(2,41),(3,42),(4,42),(5,43),(6,43);

mysql> SELECT * FROM O_Sessions ORDER BY iSession;
+----------+-------+
| iSession | iUser |
+----------+-------+
|        1 |    41 |
|        2 |    41 |
|        3 |    42 |
|        4 |    42 |
|        5 |    43 |
|        6 |    43 |
+----------+-------+
6 rows in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> SELECT MAX(iSession), iUser FROM O_Sessions GROUP BY iUser;
+---------------+-------+
| MAX(iSession) | iUser |
+---------------+-------+
|             2 |    41 |
|             4 |    42 |
|             6 |    43 |
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Does that last query help?

--
Mike Johnson                 . : . : .   AIM: denonymous
http://www.coldcircuit.net   ' : ' : '   http://65.96.177.11

"According to one of our readers, the new MacOS X contains another
 Satanic holdover from the 'BSD Unix' OS mentioned above; to open up
 certain locked files one has to run a program much like the DOS
 prompt in Microsoft Windows and type in a secret code: 'chmod 666'."