From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> i have a simple question. how can i change mysql root password? if i
> change it using winmysqladmin.exe, and changing it in my.ini, nothing
> happens. i can change passwords using phpmyadmin, but i would like to
> change it without it.

Do you have access to the MySQL default client?
If so, log in and use the following:

SET PASSWORD FOR user@host = PASSWORD('newpassword');

--
Mike Johnson                 . : . : .   AIM: denonymous
http://www.coldcircuit.net   ' : ' : '   http://65.96.177.11

"According to one of our readers, the new MacOS X contains another
 Satanic holdover from the 'BSD Unix' OS mentioned above; to open up
 certain locked files one has to run a program much like the DOS
 prompt in Microsoft Windows and type in a secret code: 'chmod 666'."