Hi,

SQL, MySQL.

I want my master to contain only recent data, but
my slave to hold a long-term archive.

My plan to do this is to use a merge table on the
master to provide an alias for the underlying
real table.   I then perform updates and inserts
on the real table, and deletes on the merge table.

Both inserts and deletes are replicated to the slave,
but on the slave the merge table is defined as
an empty union so that the deletes effectively
become null-ops.

My main worry here is that at some point the
merge table on the master might get redefined
or rebuilt - and I don't want this replicated
to the slave otherwise the deletes will actually
start taking effect there.

Now the question:  how do I set up privileges on
the slave so that a drop or alter table performed
on this one table on the master are disallowed
from being replicated on the slave ?

regards,
Martin