Hello,
 when setting up replication in MySQL, do we need to take the tar of the
data dir. of the master and save it onto the slave.....or when the slave
comes up for the first time, it automatically loads the specified
databases and tables from the master.???

And for InnoDB tables, we convert the Tables to MyIsam and then after
they converted to InnoDB automatically using binlog or have to be done
manually giving appropriate commands???

Thanx in advance,
Ritu Singla