On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 12:28, Dicky Wahyu Purnomo wrote:

> I think the proper word for your case is "mysql busy" not "hang".
> you should check from your system (OS) side the cpu usage of mysql
> where the query is running

When the problem arises both cpu's (client and server) are 2% busy and
there's no "system" activity.

Sometimes, but not always (so I cannot know if it's related) the
following error comes up when a client tries to connect:

error: 'Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of
available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent
bug'

When this happens the only way out is to reboot mysql.

> and you should also use tools like mtop or mytop to monitor what
happens during the query inside mysql server.

> My opinion is a matter of query or table design ... not mysql
application / OS .... ;-)

--
- .a.c.
- Andrea Carpani

http://www.vitaminic.[it|com|co.uk|de|es|fr|nl|se|dk|ie]
http://www.peoplesound.com
http://www.iuma.com
http://www.zipmind.it
http://www.francemp3.com (www.mp3france.com)
DISCLAIMER, PLEASE NOTE: This communication is intended only for use by
the
addressee. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
Transmission, distribution and/or copy cannot be permitted. Please
notify
Vitaminic Spa immediately by reply e-mail if you are not the intended
recipient. Vitaminic Spa does not accept liability for corruption,
interception or amendment, if any, or the consequences thereof.