After a hard day of work I think I managed to isolate the problem which
looks a lot like a bug:

server: mysql-3.23.51
 compiled with: CFLAGS="-fomit-frame-pointer -O3 -fPIC" ./configure
--prefix=/opt/mysql --disable-shared --with-mysqld-user=mysql
--with-debug
os: HP-UX 11.00

I have a small java program that connects to the server and does a
simple select on a table: the program uses the jdbc driver for mysql and
"poolman" that provides a connection pool mechanism (the connection
should be reused): after a variable number of connections (usually
between 20 and 60) the server stops answering with the following error:

"Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available
memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug at
/usr/local/vscript/manu/test_conn_db.pl"

If I stop the script the resources become again available and everything
seems fine.

I've tested the same script with a linux bound server an everything
works fine.

--
- .a.c.
- Andrea Carpani

http://www.vitaminic.[it|com|co.uk|de|es|fr|nl|se|dk|ie]
http://www.peoplesound.com
http://www.iuma.com
http://www.zipmind.it
http://www.francemp3.com (www.mp3france.com)
DISCLAIMER, PLEASE NOTE: This communication is intended only for use by
the
addressee. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
Transmission, distribution and/or copy cannot be permitted. Please
notify
Vitaminic Spa immediately by reply e-mail if you are not the intended
recipient. Vitaminic Spa does not accept liability for corruption,
interception or amendment, if any, or the consequences thereof.