Pada Wed, 24 Jul 2002 18:43:43 +0200
Daniel Brockhaus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> menulis :

> At 16:53 24.07.02 +0700, you wrote:
> >Pada Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:01:24 +0200
> >Daniel Brockhaus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> menulis :
> >
> > > well, the subject says it all. I'm using version 3.23.41-log, and I got
> > the
> > > following error message when trying to update a row:
> > >
> > > Got error 127 from table handler (1030)
> > >
> > > It's a normal query which has succeeded several thousand times already.
> >
> >table got corrupt ... you have to repair the table ... ;)
>
> Well, who corrupted the table, then? Neither the computer running mysqld
> nor mysqld has crashed. No program besides one mysqld server is accessing
> the database files. The harddisk is new, and there are no read or write
> errors in the OS logs.
>
> And why did the same query succeed a few minutes later?

first .... error 127 doesn't always mean the whole table can't be accessed, it could
be only some part of it was corrupt.

well .... just to make sure your table is ok ... do query "check table <tablename>
extended" and if it's corrupt ... you have to repair the table ;-)

--
panic("esp: what could it be... I wonder...");
        2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/esp.c

MySQL 3.23.51 : up 33 days, Queries : 353.747 per second (avg).

--
Dicky Wahyu Purnomo - System Administrator
PT FIRSTWAP : Jl Kapt. Tendean No. 34 - Jakarta Selatan (12790)