Bhavin

I'm doing queries to one table with 4 other smaller tables.
The large table is 12-14 million records. With an index,
the table select is 13-15 seconds. With a compound index,
the delay is sub one second. Use explain to verify which
index is being used. Read the manual to tune your index's.

The only time it is slower (4-6 seconds) is when the index
is in swap. Can anyone tell me how to prevent Solaris from
moving part of mysqld to swap? I'm thinking a config file -
but where.

David