Pada Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:28:45 +0200
Simas Cepaitis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> menulis :

> Hello,
>
>  Earlier i posted my message here, but haven't got any real solution.
> So now  I'll try to post with some more details. I have a FreeBSD 4.6
> box, dual cpu, runing MySQL. It runs with linuxthreads enabled
> and it is under heavy load all the time. Few weeks ago it started
> to work a little strange. MySQL runs ok for some period of time,
> and then it disallows connections from users, saying 'access not
> allowed for user@localhost'. Root can connect without problems.
> The strange thing is, that MySQL somehow 'loses' it's databases.
> When I connect as root, 'show databases' output gives me one
> database... vi.recover.  So I suppose, that MySQL drops it's path
> somewhere, but I'm not sure why. The only workaround I have for
> now is run database check every minute, and restart MySQL if
> needed. After restart everything looks OK for some time ( one - two
> days)...  This problem was with 3.23.49, and now I saw this with
> 3.23.51 too. Any ideas what could be wrong?

vi.recover .... isn't it from "VI" application ???

Maybe someone is trying to do something inside your mysql data directory ... and
somehow he damage your DB
Try to investigate it from FILE side ;-)

--
printk("??? No FDIV bug? Lucky you...\n");
        2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386/bugs.h

MySQL 3.23.51 : up 34 days, Queries : 354.952 per second (avg).

--
Dicky Wahyu Purnomo - System Administrator
PT FIRSTWAP : Jl Kapt. Tendean No. 34 - Jakarta Selatan (12790)