Hi,

On my application's setup.php I have quite simple MySQL queries like

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `ee_test`

Now, some users (perhaps 5 out of 1000) complain that they get an SQL error
on the first query with backquotes, and when I provided them with a setup
file without any backquotes (luckily all my table and row names are very
simple) like...

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ee_test

...and they reported that it worked just fine.

Some users had an older MySQL, but this has been reported happen also in
e.g. 3.23.39.
PHP used is always 4.0.6 or newer.

Any ideas why some MySQL's give error with standard backquotes and how to
fix this??? I'd really like to know what is going on there.
http://www.mysql.com/doc/L/e/Legal_names.html tells backquotes really must
be there.

Thanks,

Pekka Saarinen