Check the mySQL REPLACE syntax... that's what you need.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Corey Wallis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Envoyé : vendredi 26 juillet 2002 11:17
À : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : Fw: Complex SQL assistance

Peoples,

I'm currently trying to work out if this is possible by SQL. I have the need
to use SQL and only SQL to achieve the following.

If a record exists and meets a certain criteria (i.e. field X = '1234') then
update the record. If the record doesn't exist then insert it.

For reasons too complex to go into at this stage using anything except SQL
is not possible.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

-Corey