I am in the process of testing out the 4.0 series of MySQL and am having
some problems when I try to install the php-mysql RPM. The machine is a
RedHat 7.2 i386 box with all current patches.

I pulled down the source RPM for 4.0.2-2 and rebuilt the RPM's with debug
enabled then installed all the necessary RPM's. Everything seems to be
working ok on the MySQL side except that php is asking for
libmysqlclient.so.10 and the only library installed with MySQL-shared is
libmysqlclient.so.11. I tried a manual symlink from libmysqlclient.so.10 to
libmysqlclient.so.11 and the php-mysql still complains that the library
isn't present. I installed the php-mysql RPM with --nodeps just to test it
out and sure enough I get 'Call to undefined function: mysql_pconnect' which
is the same message you receive if you don't install the MySQL-shared RPM in
the 3.0 series.

I tried adding /usr/lib & /usr/lib/mysql  /etc/ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig
which yielded the same results. Any thoughts on how I could get this library
in place with 4.0.2?

Thanks,

Darren Young
[EMAIL PROTECTED]