Hi,

Is anybody else having a problem using the MySQL client with Mac OS X 10.2
(Jaguar: Build 6C106)? When I try to connect to the server on 'localhost' I
get the following:

dyld: ./bin/mysql Undefined symbols:
./bin/mysql undefined reference to _BC expected to be defined in
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
./bin/mysql undefined reference to _PC expected to be defined in
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
./bin/mysql undefined reference to _UP expected to be defined in
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
Trace/BPT trap

If I then try to connect to the same server from another machine I get the
following:

ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on <server ip address> (61)

A socket problem of some sort???

The strange thing is I can connect using 'phpMyAdmin' without a problem from
both machines.

Just for the record I'm using binary of MySQL 3.23.51 obtained from
<http://www.entropy.ch>.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Ian