Hi.

On Thu 2002-07-25 at 18:28:20 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to change the default string quoting chars ('")?
> I'm using MySQL with an older shop solution. The data to write has
> both: ' and " chararcters. It isn't possible to escape those
> chars. Therefor I have to change the quoting char to a char
> that isn't used i.e "#".
>
> Is it possible?

Not by any normal mean. Only by changing the source and recompiling
the MySQL server yourself.

I am irritated. Why isn't it possible to change the escaping, but to
change the quoting chars in the "shop" or the layer doing the SQL
queries?

Hm. You can change the quoting delimiters if you do not use SQL, but
use LOAD DATA INFILE to read in a CSV delimited file.

Greetings,

        Benjamin.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]