Hi,
I suppose that what you want would be something like:

Mysql> create table test(ID int(4), Name varchar(20), Sex varchar(1));
Mysql> alter table test change Name FullName varchar(40);

You should read this for more information about ALTER TABLE:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/A/L/ALTER_TABLE.html

--
Diana Soares