Pada Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:44:26 -0400
[EMAIL PROTECTED] menulis :

> Mysql engine is running under win98, then at the prompt I type mysql mysql then
>press enter and I have control. I can delete users (root included), whatever I want,
>so How can I make Mysql always require a username and a password to connect to it?

make sure your mysqld is running ;-)

run ms dos prompt
go to mysql bin directory
run : mysqladmin -uroot password "<your_new_password_for_root_user>"

after that, you have to use user root and the password to login, don't forget to
create new users if necessary.

to login with password : mysql -u<username> -p

--
Let's call it an accidental feature.
        -- Larry Wall

MySQL 3.23.51 : up 34 days, Queries : 355.101 per second (avg).

--
Dicky Wahyu Purnomo - System Administrator
PT FIRSTWAP : Jl Kapt. Tendean No. 34 - Jakarta Selatan (12790)