From: "Ray Healy (Data Net Services)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2002 6:25 AM
Subject: New to mySQL questions.

Hi

Just a quick question.

I was reading the manuals on the MySQL web regarding the initial setup of
the program.

I have installed the program and all is going well and have a user called
"root" with full access and another user called "mysql" with limited rights
(used mainly for PHPmyAdmin).

There is a database called "mysql" which contains all the users, rights and
privalages.

The question I would like to ask is that there is another database called
"test" whcih I belive from reading is a databse that users can connect to
annoymously.  Can I delete this database as I do not want anyone to connect
without a user profile and password. Does it cause a problem deleting this
database.

Also while I am here can any one advise or tell me where to go in respects
of accessing data to/from the database in a php form if the database users
have a password. Or am I totally off track and you do not need a password or
user in the php page as it is running locally.

If anyone has a sample database and some php forms to interact with the
databse they could let me see to learn from, it would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks for all your help

Ray Healy