Hi,

When I try to start MySQL, I get alerts from my personal firewall that MySQL
is trying to access the internet...why would this happen?

I'm currently using (or trying to use) Abriasoft's Merlin desktop, which
includes apache.  I would have thought that if I'm running a apache on my
own computer, there would be no need to access the internet.

I would guess that this has something to do with Abriasoft, except that this
also happened to me when i was running MySQL without the aid of merlin or
anything else.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this matter...

Thanks,

Matt