Hi,
I have a problem. I tried finding a proper solution, but could not.

1) The query "create table if not exists temp2.t1 select * from temp1.t1;"   does not
copy the primary key details etc. It copies everything else.  Any work around for this
?

2) What is the best way to check if a table exists in a database ? Currently I do a
"show tables like tablename" query, but it takes approx 20 millis for me now, while a
normal update on a table column takes less than 5 millis. (This figure is from my code
not directly with mysql. Also I may have upto 500 tables in my database).

Any suggestions on the above would be helpful.

Thanks in advance
Gibu