Ya I ran them from the command line and they all work except for when I do
the EDIT_LOCK + INTERVAL 10 MINUTE. It actually returns NULL. Very Strange.

-Steve.

-----Original Message-----
From: Benjamin Pflugmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 4:13 PM
To: Steve Bradwell
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: DATE INTERVAL question.

Hi.

On Mon 2002-07-29 at 11:35:03 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am trying to run a query that will check to see if a time field is less
> than the the time in the field plus ten minutes.

This does not make sense. This will always be true:

  A < A + 10  <=>  0 < 10  <=>  true

> The field must also be greater than 00:00:00. The query below
> executes without error but doesn't return rows. Can I do this or is
> there a better way. I'm using MySQL in conjunction with PHP.
>
> SELECT EDIT_LOCK FROM ordmaster WHERE ORDER_NO = '5' AND EDIT_LOCK > 0 AND
> EDIT_LOCK < EDIT_LOCK + INTERVAL 10 MINUTE;

Well, does

  SELECT EDIT_LOCK FROM ordmaster WHERE ORDER_NO = '5'

return any rows? What about

  SELECT EDIT_LOCK FROM ordmaster WHERE ORDER_NO = '5' AND EDIT_LOCK > 0

"EDIT_LOCK > 0" should work as expected. The rest should resolve to
true, so I do not see any reason why you do not get the desired
result. Exclude PHP from the equation, i.e. run the query in the mysql
command line client.

Greetings,

        Benjamin.

--