hi guys

im stuck with check boxes now

n id b really gratefull if anyone d help plx ....

the thing is i cnt get the cheked value from a checkbox

<input type=checkbox name=news_letter_subs >sign me up fo weekly news letter
and updates</input>

the processing  for this is:

$isql = "insert into usr_inf (email, firstName, lastName, news_letter_subs)
" .

"values ('" . $email . "', '" . $firstName . "', '" . $lastName . "','" .
$news_letter_subs ." ') ";

after a million checks on the passed data all the fileds get stored in my db

except fo news_letter_subs

i get a 0 fo it in my db :S

where m i mucking it up

guyz plz hlp ....