Hi,

I'm trying to do the following:

select * into outfile '/tmp/data.txt' fields terminated by';' from customer

Although the mysql-user has all privileges (except the grant priv) on the database
and the file_priv in the user table I get an 'Access denied for user..' when
executing the select from a remote odbc-tool (QTODBC). Trying this select with the
same user and password on the unix console /tmp/data.txt is created and filled.

I don't know why the behaviour for the same user is different when I'm sending the
same selects via odbc instead of sending it from the unix console.

Does anyone know a solution for this problem?

Greetings from Germany

Lutz