hi all,
        I'm running mysql 3.22 on my RaQ2 system.  mysql was installed
and configured on /var dir. but now that the databases are growing
system is running out of disk space. So I decided to change the
datadir=/home/mysql
then I tried to move the mysql databases using following command being a
root
mv /var/lib/mysql/* /home/mysql/ -R

but I get the following messages
[root admin]# mv /var/lib/mysql/* /home/mysql/ -R
mv: invalid option -- R
Try `mv --help' for more information.

can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong or provide me with a
solution to this problem. oh and if I don't use the -R option then I get
error as the files under /var/lib/mysql/ are not regular files.
please help. thanks so much. sorry about my bad English.

rahad