on 8/1/02 11:32 AM, Victoria Reznichenko at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

> C> Is there a way to create a user by giving access to only one database,
> C> without giving him the permission to "mysqlshow --user=[thisuser]
> C> --password=[thispassword]" and retrieve all database names? He should see
> C> only the name of his database...?
>
> Yes, start mysqld with --safe-show-database option. And since 4.0.2
> there is a SHOW DATABASES privilege.

Following up on this... (as a MySQL newbie)!

Is this option somehow specified in the my.conf file? What is the example
syntax? Or if not, where would this be specified (so when MySQL starts as a
service on its own, this option is included).

Thanks for any pointers!

--
Bill Leonard                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.machinemen.com                                            407.464.0147