Hi Florian,

If you want to connect remotely to the server, you
have to grant permission to that user. Try this:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'theuser'@'%'
IDENTIFIED BY 'thepassword';

With this command you are telling MySQL to accept
calls from any computer if the user name is 'theuser'
and the password is 'thepassword';

I recomend you to refer to MySQL's manual about
permissions.

Bye and Good Luck.
--- Florian Litot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>