From: "[XG]Boomer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, August 03, 2002 6:23 AM
Subject: Using MySQL for a destop application

Hi,

What I would like to do is use MySQL for a desktop application.
So not with a remote SQL Server.

I'm using VB.NET and Native MySQL support to connect to mysql servers, which
works just fine.
But I would like to distribute an application which runs only on the local
machine and uses
mySQL as a backstorage. (Instead of lets say an access database)

What would be the best way to do this ?
I don't want to have the user installing MySQL seperatly and then having to
configure it and creating the database and stuff
I just one 1 clean install with everything preconfigured and the server only
running when the desktop application is running.

Is there special support for this ?

Please not that I can't use C/C++ code.

Thnx. TP.

---