Hi,

I'm using a program that makes many mysql connections.  Now sometimes it
leaves a hung mysql process.  When I run mysqladmin processlist, the
process looks like this.

(used my own formatting)

pid,user,host,db,command,time,state,info
28285,sqlusername,localhost,EMPTY,Connect,EMPTY,login,EMPTY

This processes do not listen to SIGTERM, only SIGKILL.

Is there anything I can do to prevent these type of connections other
then going into battle with the software that causes them?  And yes,
I've specified all the timeout related commands to resonable limits.
But they have no effect and these 'connect' processes can last for
days/weeks until KILLed.

Any ideas?

-reid

__