On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Thomas Seifert wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Aug 2002 03:02:40 -0700
> Jeremy Zawodny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > > btw:
> > > I did a quick benchmark with mysql4 and its query caching running with
> > > innodb.
> > > Quite impressive, the app run with double the number of pages per second as
> > > before.
> >
> > Excellent.  MySQL 4.0.{2,3} is working well for us too.
>

> Is there 4.0.3 already somewhere to download?

Hi Thomas,

pulling from the source tree will give you a preliminary form of
4.0.3-beta. The fine manual tells how to do this.

> At all, how stable is 4.0.x already? afaik its labelled alpha on the
> website but I heard some talking about beta-quality.

I have it running on production, but it does a small set set of relatively
simple fulltext queries at a low load.

> I would like to give it a shot on a production-system 'cause of that
> fantastic speed increase.

Go ahead, if you can tolerate a very small risk. It's likely to work
fine.

Thomas Spahni