Hello Dave,

Phew... what a situation! ;-)

You can always run mysql_install_db script on *NIX, but it clears your
existing permissions. On Windows you can do an xcopy for your mysql
database from the distribution package, but that doesn't save your
permissions, either.

First, though, make sure that you really don't have any disk files in the
data\mysql directory. If there are any .MYD and .MYI files, they can
contain your permissions. The .frm files can then be copied from another
similar server (they only contain the table definitions, not the actual
data).

What about backups? ;-)

Regards,
Iikka

* Iikka Meriläinen                       *
* E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vaala, Finland                         *