Hello [help],

I installed DBD-mysql-2.1017 today and I started getting errors regarding,
mysql.so and lost my ability to connect to MySQL via Perl, the error
returned was;

fatal relocation error: file
/usr/local/perl/lib/site_perl/5.6.1/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so:
symbols mysql_init: referenced symbol not found

Then I reinstalled Msql-Mysql-modules, which wrote over mysql.so and fixed
the errors allowing me to connect again.  FYI, I happen to be using an older
version of MySQL, version 3.21.33b.

I would like to know why installing DBD-mysql ended up breaking my ability
to connect...? Any ideas?

Also, if Msql-Mysql-modules works, why is there a need for the other module
DBD-mysql?

I installed the DBD-mysql because I was installing bugzilla and it was a
prerequisite.

What is the difference between the 2 modules, Msql-Mysql-modules and
DBD-mysql?

Are they interchangable?

Thank you,

Don