From: Pushkar Pradhan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 3:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: sql

I'm not very familiar with dbs, I'm creating tables in mysql 3.23.49 and
even though I specified a field as CHAR (e.g. customer CHAR(9)) when I do
a show create table on this table it displays that this field is a
VARCHAR(9).
| sales | CREATE TABLE `sales` (
  `item` varchar(20) default NULL,
  `employee` varchar(9) default NULL,
  `quantity` smallint(5) unsigned zerofill default NULL,
  `price` float default NULL,
  `customer` varchar(9) default NULL,
  `date` date default NULL
) TYPE=MyISAM |