-----------------
>Hi,
>
>I have already posted this query 4-5 days ago but no
>reply yet so posting 2nd time.
>
>Here is the query.
>
>Application Used: Visual Basic 6
>Database: MySQL 4.0.2
>ODBC: MyODBC 3.51.03
>
>I have create a table which has BLOB field in which i
>want to save a bitmap file.
>
>To save record i create a ADO recordset for that table
>and after that update that field with binary data of
>image file, but problem is that though field is of
>BLOB datatype ADO recordset say its size is only 64K
>so if i try to save file larger than 64K it truncates
>remaining data.
>
>Following is the table structure and vbcode i use
>MySQL Tables -->
>create table attachment
>(
>attachmentid int auto_increment not null primary key,
>attachmentname varchar(200),
>attachment longblob
>)type=innodb;

Above you describe that you use BLOB datatype. But in your create table statement you
use LONGBLOB. If you really use
LONGBLOB you can store  L+4 bytes, where L < 2^32. If this not works this may a
problem of VB6. I am using MS Visual C++ 6.0
and it works with LONGBLOB. The LONGBLOB column is map to the MS Visual C++ datatype
CLongBinary. Check what VB
datatype is mapping to BLOB/LONGBLOB and try to change it.

Regards

Bernd