I am creating a VB6 application and using option = 1 in my connect
string to obtain the defined size for each column.  This option does not
return the define size of VARCHAR columns but the current Maximum Value
in the Field.  Any attemp to update a field with a string longer than
the Maximumn Value but less then the MYSQL defined size creates an
Error.  I tried invoking option 512 as well but this does not affect
VARCHAR columns.  Is there any way around the Problem besides not using
VARCHAR field definitions?

Eric Cotting
FGL Environmental
805-659-0910