I got an error while executing myisamchk -rq on compressed table. Here's the
output:

[root@db prod_rel5_1_0]# myisampack buyer
Compressing buyer.MYD: (3687550 records)
- Calculating statistics
- Compressing file
62.69%
Remember to run myisamchk -rq on compressed tables

[root@db prod_rel5_1_0]# myisamchk -rq buyer
- check key delete-chain
- check record delete-chain
- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table 'buyer.MYI'
Data records: 3687550
- Fixing index 1
myisamchk: error: Found too many records; Can`t continue
MyISAM-table 'buyer' is not fixed because of errors
Try fixing it by using the --safe-recover (-o) or the --force (-f) option

[root@db prod_rel5_1_0]# myisamchk -roq buyer
- check key delete-chain
- check record delete-chain
- recovering (with keycache) MyISAM-table 'buyer.MYI'
Data records: 3668074
Data records: 3687550

So, using myisamchk -roq solved the problem.

My question is, what is the purpose of the error that I get and is it safe?

Mihail Manolov
Government Liquidation, LLC
202 467 6868 x.227
[EMAIL PROTECTED]