Hi John,
   Yes, BSDi 4.1 does indeed have serious threading problems.  There was a
patch issued that would stop the crashing, but I don't remeber the number.
I am now installing 4.3.  If you are running a server that will be available
on the internet I highly advise upgrading to 4.2 or 4.3 with latest patches
for openssl issues.  I believe 4.1 also haad a telnet issue.  Also we are
switching over most of our servers to freebsd.  The latest version is quite
good and 5.0 (the next version available in preview) looks even better.

Best of luck,
Ken

ajgs9m$i7f$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:ajgs9m$i7f$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...