Hi,

MySQL 3.23.52, the world's most popular Open Source Database, has been
released and is now available in source and binary form for a number of
platforms from our download pages at http://www.mysql.com/downloads/ and
mirror sites.

This is a bugfix release for the current stable tree.

- From the changelog:

 o Fixed security bug when having an empty databasename in the user.db
 o Changed initialisation of RND() to make it less predictable.
 o Fixed problem with GROUP BY on result with expression that created a
   BLOB field.
 o Fixed problem with privilege tables when downgrading from 4.0.2 to 3.23.xx
 o Fixed thread bug in SLAVE START, SLAVE STOP and automatic repair of MyISAM
   tables that could cause table cache to be corrupted.
 o Fixed possible thread related key-cache-corruption problem with OPTIMIZE
   TABLE and REPAIR TABLE.
 o Added name of 'administrator command' logs.
 o Fixed bug with creating an auto-increment value on second part of a
   UNIQUE() key where first part could contain NULL values.
 o Don't write slave-timeout reconnects to the error log.
 o Fixed bug with slave net read timeouting.
 o Fixed a core-dump bug with MERGE tables and MAX() function.
 o Fixed bug in ALTER TABLE with BDB tables.
 o Fixed bug when logging LOAD DATA INFILE to binary log with no active
   database.
 o Fixed a bug in range optimiser (causing crashes).
 o Fixed possible problem in replication when doing DROP DATABASE on a
   database with InnoDB tables.
 o Fixed that mysql_info() returns 0 for 'Duplicates' when using INSERT
   DELAYED IGNORE.
 o Added -DHAVE_BROKEN_REALPATH to the Mac OS X (darwin) compile options in
   configure.in to fix a failure under high load.

Some additional notes:

Replication on Mac OS X can give you some errors when running the test suite -
we are currently looking into these. However, we have already received many
reports from users who are using replication on this platform without any
problems.

AIX and SCO binaries are currently missing due to some changes to the systems
that we are using for our builds. We hope to be able to provide binaries for
these platforms again with the next release.

Have a nice weekend,

        LenZ
- --
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/?ref=mlgr
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Mr. Lenz Grimmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   MySQL AB, Production Engineer
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/   Hamburg, Germany
       <___/   www.mysql.com