Father,

[ mysql, query ]

> Is it a good idea to use an auto increment field as a primary key in mysql?
> I know in some products like paradox it is a bad idea because of possible
> corruption problems down the road?

I don't believe there would be any problems in the latest versions of
MySQL; obviously you're not going to be manually resetting the index
manually. Just remember, that primary keys really aren't reusable so
choose a column type that will be sufficient for your purposes.

Something like:

id int unsigned not null auto_increment primary key

DSL