Hi.
Thanks for the reply...

I curious with what you mean by mysql not supporting commit and
rollback coz I found this in the site :

http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Refere
nce.html#COMMIT

Actually, Ive already tested it in my app under weblogic(and
worked). I was just wondering why when I ported it to tomcat,
it didnt seem to work.  Im looking at mm.mysql driver.  I was
wondering if the mm.mysql driver uses a different config when
used with weblogic or tomcat.

Hope u can help.
TIA

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, suresh ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:

> Hi
> Actually I am not an expert with mysql. I myself is a newbie
to mysql
> But as for I know there is no use of your commit and rollback
since mysql
> does not support both.
> But the usage in your servlet or jsp coding will not throw
any run time or
> compile time error if you include
> con.setAutoCommit(true) or rollback.
> I am not sure whether you are using innoDB where the case is
different
> If you do not use InnoDB try to use Lock and Unlock with
Tomcat. It will
> work for you.
> first lock the tables where you are going to write or update
with WRITE
> also lock the tables which you will be just referring as READ
> do your task
> then unlock. Unlock is automatic if you just close the
connection to the dB
> Hope this helps you.
>
> Cheers
>

> At 03:15 Œß‘O 02/08/19 -0400, you wrote:
> >Hi List!
> >
> >Hope you can help me with my problem...
> >I am trying to incorporate commit and rollback in my sql
> >statements... I have tried it in my web application which
runs
> >on weblogic and it work fine. However, when I migrated my web
> >app to Tomcat, it failed to rollback when it encountered an
> >error.  Ive been using the same mysql driver for both.
> >Is there a special configuration I need that is dependent on
> >the server Im running? Other sql statements without the
commit
> >and rollback functionality.. works perfectly fine in TOmcat.
> >
> >I wonder what's wrong.  I dunno where to address the
problem...
> >its it a mysql problem or server config.
> >
> >Thanks in advance.

> >Get your own "800" number
> >Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
> >http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag