Hello,

I have mysqld-max (3.23.51) running on a Windows 2000 machine. Is it
possible to run another MySQL server alongside it, using the same my.ini
file but set on a different port, e.g. with

        mysqld-max --standalone --console --port=3307

The reason I want to do this is to check changes to the my.ini file
(adding binary logging) before I shutdown and restart the main MySQL
server; I'd rather know it's going to work, than have to shut down and
restart the main server multiple times if there are problems.

I've tried this with a server on my localhost (it seems to work fine),
but don't this is obviously running under different conditions, and the
process might not be so smooth on a large, running server.

Could you Cc any replies to [EMAIL PROTECTED], as our mail filter has
prevented me from subscribing to this very useful list!

Thanks in advance.

Elliot Smith
Web Development Engineer
Corporate Web Team