Do you need to create a temp table or a heap table?  Temp tables support
those columns fine.  Heap tables do not.

Brian.

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 11:44 AM
Subject: MySQL and creating views......

| I am new to this group. I am part of a small website dev shop and we just
started using MySQL. I was tasked with the following:
| Write a perl script(did this part) to open up the MySQL database and
create a View (a temp table) from 3 different tables. I thought no problem I
know how to do this I do this in Oracle all the time. BEEP! wrong thought.
The docs say, no can do especially with TEXT or BLOB datatypes. Does anyone
have any ideas on what I can do? The client needs a temp table to be created
with data from 3 different tables for info purposes. They just want to do a
select on the table to see what they want to see.

http://shopnow.netscape.com/